The 2020 Virtual Member Forum Proudly Sponsored by:
September 15th from 1:00-3:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time
Join us on September 15th - Tap into a crucial look into the state of our healthcare systems in Canada
Canadians have long been engaged in wide-ranging debates over the sustainability of healthcare in Canada. Enter COVID-19 and its enormous impact. What can we expect as we move forward, and what must we do to protect Canada's healthcare systems?
Health Canada’s recent changes to the PMPRB Patented Medicines Regulations may negatively impact: patients’ access to medicines, investments in our life-sciences sector (R&D, clinical trials), and the launch of new medicines and vaccines in Canada. Furthermore, erosion of the distribution and pharmacy funding models are expected, which could affect services.
Our featured speaker is uniquely positioned to examine the most critical issues facing healthcare systems in Canada today :
Bill Dempster develops and implements high-impact government relations, policy, and business strategies for the health and life sciences sector. You can counbt on Bill to harness his experience leading federal, national, and provincial campaigns to share his perspectives on the state of health and pharmaceutical policy in Canada, during these challenging times. Bill will engage delegates with toipics that include:
- The political and fiscal challenges facing Canadian governments and health systems
- A review of key policy issues and a consideration of what might be next as we close out 2020 and beyond
- Considerations for where we, as the custodians of the medicine supply chain, play a role in supporting the economic and health system recovery that Canada requires now to prosper
For almost twenty years, Bill has drawn on deep business, legal and government experience to find beneficial solutions to complex regulatory, reimbursement and policy problems. Bill has previously worked for Pfizer Canada, a Member of Parliament, the United Nations, and major Canadian law firms. He is fluently bilingual, and has degrees in history (King's College, University of Western Ontario), law (Queen's University), and a Master of Arts in international affairs (Norman Paterson School of International Affairs, Carleton University). Bill was called to the Bar of Ontario in 2002.
For more information about 2020 Member Forum sponsorship opportunities, please contact Allison Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905)265-1706, ext. 223
*The MEMBER FORUM will return to the popular Angus Glen venue on September 14, 2021. Full details will be available in the spring of 2021.
- Understand differences between drugs and natural health products
- Differentiate the laws
- Determine which activities you perform
- Determine whether or not you require a licence
- Understand the wholesaler supply chain
- Understand the GMP activities that apply to you
- Drugs and Natural Health Products
- The Supply Chain
- Member: $99 + TAX
- Non-Member: $150 + TAX
For further details contact Terri Hay at email@example.com or (905)265-1706, ext. 225