2014 Executive Conference
Jan 20-21, 2014
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
2014 CAPDM Annual Conference: A Working Summit
May 3-7, 2014
Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate
2014 September Member Forum
Sep 8, 2014
Angus Glen Golf Club, South Course
In this Code "personal information" means any information which relates to an individual and allows that individual to be identified.
- We only collect Member information that is needed and we tell Members how we use it. We limit the collection, use, retention, and disclosure of personal information about individuals who are Members or potential members to what we need to know:
- to initiate and administer their accounts
- to provide Member services
- to offer products and services
- or for any other purpose for which a Member consents.
- We give Members choices about how their personal information will be used. All event registration forms from January 1, 2004 and onwards will include a consent statement for personal information to be used by CAPDM for the purpose it is intended.
Subject to contractual restrictions, you can withdraw your consent to CAPDM?s use of your personal information at any time with reasonable notice. If you refuse or withdraw your consent for any purpose that is required by us to fulfill our product or service contract with you, we will not be able to provide you, or continue to provide you, with the product or service.
- We ensure information quality. We use technology and documented procedures, to help ensure that Member information is processed promptly, accurately and completely.
- We give Members rights to access and correct their personal information. Upon written specific request, we will disclose to Members personal information about them that is entered in our records, and Members may correct any such personal information that is inaccurate or incomplete. Some information may not be accessed if it refers to others, is subject to legal privilege, cannot be disclosed for legal reasons, or as otherwise permitted by law.
If we are informed and it is determined that a Member's personal information in our files is inaccurate, we will correct it.
- We use prudent information security safeguards. We limit access to Member information to those who specifically need the information to conduct their business responsibilities, for the purposes set out in this Code or as otherwise disclosed to Members. We employ safeguards designed to protect the confidentiality and security of our Member information.
- We limit the disclosure of Member information. We will not disclose Member information to other entities, unless we have previously informed the Member, have been authorized by the Member, or are permitted or required to do so by law or other regulatory authority.
- We hold ourselves responsible for our Privacy Code. Each CAPDM employee is responsible for maintaining Member confidence in the Association.
- We extend this Privacy Code to our business relationships. We require companies we select as our business partners to agree to keep our Member information confidential and secure, to protect the information against unauthorized access, use, or disclosure by the recipient company, and limit its use to the purposes for which it was disclosed.
- Our members' privacy concerns are important to us. Our Privacy Officer is responsible for ensuring that our day-to-day procedures comply with our Privacy Code.
- December 12, 2003 -
When you browse www.capdm.ca and have not registered for any online service or product from CAPDM, you browse anonymously. Personal information ? such as your name, address, phone number or E-mail address ? is not collected as you browse. CAPDM does, however, collect information about how our site is used. For example, the Web pages most commonly visited on our site are tracked in aggregate. This information is used for the purpose of measuring response rates to events and for Web site improvement.
Registration for Online Products and Events:
In order to provide you with a particular product or service online, we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, including your E-mail address for purposes such as correspondence, event registration, making a purchase, or participating in online surveys and enabling us to provide an online product or service to you in an efficient manner.
If you are known to us as a CAPDM member, we may combine information about your use of www.capdm.ca and the online product or service you utilize with certain other offline information we have about you as a CAPDM member as well as information available from external sources, such as IMIS Membership database.
We may use information you have given us to, for example, provide a service, ensure proper billing, measure Member interest in our various events and inform you about Industry news. If you provide us with your E-mail address, or have done so in the past, or if we obtain your E-mail address from another source, we may send you E-mail bulletins. These E-mails come directly from CAPDM and or Tim Carter & Associates on behalf of CAPDM.
Our goal is to deliver information that we believe CAPDM members will find of value. Dissemination of this information is designed to safeguard the security and privacy of Member personal information.
CAPDM provides members with an easy means to decline receiving E-mails. Although, most members tell us they appreciate the information we send them, we recognize the importance of providing you with a choice. At any time, you may request to discontinue receiving these offers from us by contacting CAPDM?s Communications Coordinator or by replying to the original E-mail with a request for removal from an E-mail list.
File Access and Correction:
Upon receiving your written request, we will tell you what information we hold about you. Some information may not be accessed in certain circumstances, such as if it refers to others or cannot be disclosed for legal reasons. If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, you should write without delay to:
Canadian Association for Pharmacy Distribution
c/o Allison Chan, Privacy Officer
3800 Steeles Ave. W. Suite 301A
Woodbridge , ON L4L 4G9
Any information which is found to be incorrect or incomplete will be corrected promptly.
Our Privacy Officer is responsible for ensuring that our day-to-day procedures comply with the CAPDM Privacy Code. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact Allison Chan, CAPDM?s designated Privacy Officer at email@example.com or by calling (905) 265-1706 x223.
Linked Internet Sites:
You should be aware that other Internet sites to which you link from www.capdm.ca may contain privacy provisions that differ from the provisions provided herein.
Changes to Internet Privacy Statement:
Changes to our Internet Privacy Statement will be noted here so that you can be fully informed about the privacy protections we provide.
- December 12, 2003 -