2014 Executive Conference
Jan 20-21, 2014
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
2014 CAPDM Annual Conference: A Working Summit
May 3-7, 2014
Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate
2014 September Member Forum
Sep 8, 2014
Angus Glen Golf Club, South Course
Distribution Channel Share
On a national level, it is estimated that 90.8%* of pharmacy distribution is indirect (utilizing wholesalers/distributors for product distribution, including self-distributing pharmacy chains) and only 9.2%* is direct (shipping directly to pharmacies and hospitals).
* Source: IMS Health Canada, September 2006
Efficient, Cost-effective Pharmacy Operations
- Fewer orders, deliveries and associated administrative functions.
- Same or next day delivery.
- Remote pharmacies are not penalized by additional transportation costs, delivery delays or minimum order issues.
- Lower inventory, better inventory control and improved cash flow due to no minimum order requirements.
- One source for all inventory needs.
- Excellent and consistent service levels.
- Merchandising and promotional services.
- Returns and recall processes.
- Creates greater availability of pharmacist for patient access and care.
- Electronic commerce applications promotes pharmacy efficiency.
- Ensures a safe and efficient pharmacy supply chain.
Enhanced Focus on the Customer
- Customer access to needed medications in all parts of the country, including remote areas.
- Automatic product substitution availability of interchangeable molecules to ensure optimal prescription fill rates.
- Reduces medication change requests to practitioners due to product unavailability or high minimum order requirements.
- Supports medication compliance by patients, resulting in less emergency room visitations and possible hospitalizations.
Accurate and Timely Information Availability
- Instant electronic confirmations.
- Electronic commerce and signatures with a sophisticated and safeguarded order management system.
- Data and information tracking and reporting.
- Reduces shipments, receivables and inventory.
- Provides efficient and cost-effective product distribution.
- Allows focus on core competencies, i.e. research and development.
- Prompt and efficient system for handling recalls and withdrawals.
- Most efficient and effective distribution system for the pharmaceutical healthcare provision including new advanced biological products requiring specialized handling.
- Supplies the most cost-effective and timely access to prescription medication for patients.
- Reduces waste and related costs in the supply chain through just in time inventory management systems.
- Creates a reliable supply source of safe and effective pharmaceuticals for Canadian patients.
- Allows for a prompt and effective recalls and withdrawal methodology.